Most UK residents do not need to complete a personal tax return because their employer collects the right amount of tax directly from their salary and their investment income is below the taxable thresholds. You may have to complete a personal UK tax return if you fall into one of the following categories:
- UK resident with rental income
- UK resident with significant investment income
- UK resident who is self-employed or in a business partnership
- Selling property, shares and other assets that give rise to capital gains
- UK resident with foreign income or foreign capital gains
- Non-UK residents who have income from a UK source such as work carried out in the UK, or property located in the UK.
The UK tax year for individuals runs from 6 April to 5 April and the deadline for submitting a tax return is the following 31 January if completing online or 31 October if completing a paper tax return.
Greenwich Tax Services offer different levels of service and fees, depending on the amount of help or advice you need and the complexity of your circumstances. Our accountancy fee calculator will give you an estimate of our fees for preparing a UK tax return. Fee estimate calculator – UK Tax Returns
Please note: our fee estimate calculator is a service we offer so clients can have an idea of the level of fee they can expect. Please get in touch with us directly for a firm quote, or to have an initial discussion about your needs.